Perry Wood Community Service Award
Applicants must be:
- Undergraduate or graduate students with a declared major in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Students involved in a club associated with a department or program in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences that is recognized by MSSA
- Students with demonstrated involvement in community service
The award recognizes exemplary community services.
- Perry and Barbara Wood
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- 1. Please list the service activities you are involved in. Briefly describe each activity and what you accomplished or learned during that experience.
- 2. Please describe why you are deserving of a Community Service Award. In this description, please highlight one or more of the qualities below: a. Impact service has had on the community or yourself b. Length of involvement in community service c. Describe your level of commitment to service d. Scope of your volunteer/service activity e. How you have used community service to find creative or innovative solutions to problems f. Community service has impacted your leadership skills and abilities
- 3. Upload a letter of support from a faculty member or advisor addressing your commitment to community service.