Dr. Donald and Marjorie Meredith Nursing Scholars
- Be enrolled in NURS333-Professional Nursing at Minnesota State Mankato
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.5 GPA or higher
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident with residence in Minnesota. Residents of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa may be considered.
- Be selected by the School of Nursing scholarship selection committee, with input from applicant’s first semester nursing faculty, based on their ability to demonstrate a well-balanced lifestyle, leadership abilities, and commitment to the nursing industry.
Recipients will begin receiving payment during the second semester of enrollment in the nursing program. Continuance of this scholarship is subject to determination and certification that the recipient has:
- Maintained 10-14 credits each semester of the academic year
- Demonstrated satisfactory progress toward a degree in nursing
- Not engaged in any paid employment during academic sessions without prior written approval of the School of Nursing Chair
- Satisfactorily participated in student/faculty research, peer mentoring or tutoring, or other activities directly related to nursing
- Maintained a minimum cumulative academic grade point average of 3.5 or higher as measured at the end of each academic semester
- Notified the School of Nursing Chair of any changes in status which might affect eligibility for this scholarship
Provided the above criteria are met, a recipient of the Meredith Nursing Scholarship will remain eligible until one of the following conditions exists:
- Satisfaction of all graduation requirements for a degree in Nursing. Transfer, Post-Secondary Education Options, and Advanced Placement credits, which apply to the bachelor’s degree, will be counted to satisfy graduation requirements. If a delay is expected in the progress toward graduation, recipient must inform the School of Nursing Chair as soon as possible and present a graduation plan for approval. Exceptions due to extenuating circumstances will be considered for a one semester absence. Recipient is responsible for seeking approval for such exceptions from the Chair.
- Completion of a maximum of five semesters in Nursing.
- Change of major from nursing to another area of study.
- Discontinuance of college career.
Scholarship funds will be disbursed twice annually: one payment to be made in the fall semester and one payment to be made in the spring semester. No scholarship disbursements will be allowed for summer session enrollment.