Alice K. Weed Dental Hygiene Scholarship
Applicants must be Minnesota State Mankato students who:
- Are enrolled in 300 or 400 level courses
- Have been accepted into the online or traditional dental hygiene program
- Demonstrate leadership development in professional and/or community outreach programs
- Will be enrolled at least part-time during the upcoming fall semester
Keywords: CAHN; hygienist
- Up to $1,500
- College of Allied Health and Nursing, College of Allied Health and Nursing: Dental Hygiene
- Supplemental Questions
- Applicant is to check appropriate criteria category (check appropriate category)
- Personal Statement: Select one of the two topics. 1) How you would advance the profession of dental hygiene through education? -OR- 2) How you would address healthcare disparities? (250 words minimum, 500 words maximum).
- Dental Hygiene Education: Enriching educational experiences for the advancement of oral health in any dental hygiene instructional setting including classroom and clinical teaching, research, instructional mentoring, continuing education and field experience. Examples: working on advanced degree, teaching community oral health programs, community health research projects, leadership in community oral health education projects
- Health Care Disparities: Improving access to quality oral health care, strengthening public health services and improving the availability and dissemination of oral health related information. Examples: Give Kids a Smile, Head Start, WIC, Early Childhood, Leadership in community oral health projects
- This Scholarship will be awarded to a minimum of one, currently enrolled, Dental Hygiene Junior, and Degree Completion Student. I am a:
- Submit a statement of your community and campus activities including approximate dates of involvement and any leadership responsibilities. Activities could include paid work, volunteer service, organizational involvement, or internships that highlight skills, knowledge, and/or values of the social work profession.